Mason Gillibrand Architects have been in practice since 1986 and work over the North of England, North Wales and the Scottish Borders. We have developed a regional reputation for inspirational design in some of the most sensitive locations, often working on traditional, historic buildings.
We have a particular reputation for the following:-
• Altering or creating quality private housing
• Working on old properties, particularly Listed Buildings
• Community buildings
• High quality housing developments
• Complicated planning applications, particularly involving rural locations, and listed buildings
• Working in sensitive rural landscapes i.e. National Parks
• Integration of renewable energies
We are based in a converted water mill in the village of Caton in the lovely Lune Valley, only 10 minutes drive from Junction 34 of the M6 (see the contacts page for address and directions).
We take an holistic approach to all of our design work, starting with the very fundamental aspects of how a site and building are situated within their context and their orientation. We are passionate about the design process and engaging with our clients to fully understand how buildings are used and how they might be improved.